Homework and Learning Overview
Thurs. May 17, 2018
Read 15 minutes each evening (materials which you enjoy) :)
Parents and Guardians,
Anything that particularly pertains to you will be written in purple. Thank you for visiting our class website.
This term students will be learning how to become better readers through the use of Reading Power Strategies (Connect, Question, Visualize, Infer and Transform). Students will be reading a novel at their reading level and participating in Literature Circles to share their knowledge and learn form their peers. Students will also be learning to become better writer's by following the steps of the Writing Process to create and illustrate their own story.
This term students will be learning about multiplication, division, fractions and measurement.
Students will be learning about Biomes.
This term students will be learning about The Gold Rush.
This term students will continue to be learning about Growth Mindset and Self-Regulation Skills.
*PE is on Mondays and Fridays* Please have your child wear running shoes(or other appropriate footwear) on those days or keep a pair in the classroom.
1. Play outside! :)
1. Eliana 2. Alysa 3. Josie 4. Aamirah 5. Kade 6. Eli 7. Lawrence 8. Jinny 9. Riel
10. Koen 11. Nicolas 12. Lexy 13. Masato 14. Karson 15. Athena 16. Porscha
17. Devonte 18. Seela 19. Ainslie 20. Lucas 21. Romeo 22. Ryan 23. Joseph
Khan Academy for grade 4 and 5 math students who are interested in a challenge.
Parents/Guardians, In order to get your child started (or to continue) with Khan Academy please add me as a coach by following the steps below:
1. Sign up at khanacademy.org or log in with existing account
2. Visit khanacademy.org/coaches (the "Coaches" tab in your profile)
3. There, in the 'Add a Coach' field enter the class code G5U3VE
Let me know if you are experiencing difficulties.
Below is a YouTube video explaining Khan Academy.